It’s getting close for an appointment with a small team I’ve reached out for help with a product I’ve been working with. I get ready, head out and arrive at the meeting 5 minutes late(got lost), somewhat exited, a little nervous and specially anxious to meet the group.
Shortly after been greeted and after having apologized for been slightly late, I was told that It will be a while before they will be able to meet with me. Of course I said, “No Problem!”, “It’s Ok”, “Sure!”. What else could I have said? It’s my idea and I definitely need help from them, I love my idea so much that “Yes!”, of course I’ll wait.
What happened during the next 2 hours:
- I was listened to for 5 minutes only.
- The complete idea was put into question.
- Some expressed -> “I did the wrong sequence of steps”.
- Some said -> product “might not work”.
- You should do this, that or wait.
- What is your budget?
- What you really need is this.
- You won’t be able to function without this.
It’s your idea, push harder!